KULLIYYAH OF ECONOMICS AND
The Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS) was one of the first two faculties established when the International Islamic University Malaysia began operations in 1983. Our vision is to be a leading faculty of international excellence in teaching, research and consulting services integrating conventional economics, accounting, business and finance including Islamic banking and finance-related areas imbued with values and morality based on revealed sources of knowledge. There are currently four academic departments within the Kulliyyah:
The Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS) was one of the first two faculties established when the International Islamic University Malaysia began operations in 1983. The Department of Economics offers programmes of study leading to Bachelor of Economics (Hons), Master of Economics and Ph.D. in Economics degrees. The program promotes critical and analytical thinking, decision making and problem solving skills through teaching and learning. The methods of teaching and learning include the use of modern technology, case studies, industrial visits, professional/guest lecturers and practical training. Islamic economics and finance are the niche areas. The program offers specializations in Islamic Economics, International Economics, Development and Finance in addition to minor packages in Fiqh and Usul Fiqh, and in Quran and Sunnah Studies. The faculties are highly qualified and experienced staff of diverse backgrounds and specializations.
The Bachelor of Economics program is designed to impart knowledge and develop the skills required to produce ethical professionals in the fast growing field of Economics. The department seek to develop in students an ability to think critically from a firm grounding in the sources of Islam in order to contribute to efforts to apply divine guidance to the understanding and direction of contemporary economics activities.
- Knowledge: Demonstrate familiarity with established concepts and practices in the field of economics and awareness of current development therein.
- Practical Skills: Use relevant skills learnt in Department of Economics for professional and personal development.
- Social skills and Responsibilities: Cooperate with others and apply knowledge in a socially responsible manner for the progress of the nation and the Ummah.
- Value, Attitudes and Professionalism: Demonstrate commitment to ethics, autonomy, professionalism and Islamic values in the workplace and everyday life.
- Communication: Communicate with people of diverse range of backgrounds with empathy.
- Problem Solving and Scientific Skills: Analyze issues and demonstrate skillfulness in planning, executing and evaluating strategies and action plans.
- Information Management and Lifelong Learning Skills: Use the necessary learning skills in information management and apply effective strategies for lifelong self- improvement.
- Managerial and Entrepreneurial Skills: Apply basic managerial and entrepreneurial skills in relevant fields
- Leadership and Team Skills: Understand the different type of leadership styles and the demonstration of interpersonal skills when leading in a group situation
- Integration: Integrate Islamic principles in workplace
ASSOC. PROF. DR. HUSNA JAMALUDIN
HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT
Dr Asmy Thastaker
03-6196 4649/4611 email@example.com
LIST OF SUBJECTS
Minimum Requirement for Bachelor of Economics
A grade of B (or Q.P.E. of 3.00) for ECON 1510 & ECON 1610 and CGPA of not less than 2.5.
A score of 550 in the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or
6.0 points in the test administrated by the International English Language Testing Service(IELTS)
If they do not have either of these qualifications, applicants may sit for the IIUM administered English Placement Test (EPT), in which they must obtain at least 6.0 points to fulfill the requirement.
Applicants interested in programmes taught in Arabic must obtain an exemption after sitting for the IIUM-administered Arabic Placement Test (APT).
Study plan for Bachelor of Economics (BECS)
Please download study plan HERE
Associate at PWC Malaysia
Senior Economist at IDEAS