KULLIYYAH OF ECONOMICS AND
The Kulliyyah of Economics and Management Sciences (KENMS) was one of the first two faculties established when the International Islamic University Malaysia began operations in 1983. Our vision is to be a leading faculty of international excellence in teaching, research and consulting services integrating conventional economics, accounting, business and finance including Islamic banking and finance-related areas imbued with values and morality based on revealed sources of knowledge. There are currently four academic departments within the Kulliyyah:
The Bachelor of Science (Islamic Finance) programme aims, in line with the vision and mission of IIUM, to impart knowledge and develop the skills required to produce ethical professionals in the fast growing field of Finance, as well as imbue in the graduates Islamic values and ethics that bring out in them pristine character and attitude. Moreover, the BScIF programme aims to produce finance graduates who can eventually take up leadership roles in major organizations in industry and commerce, in academia and in the public sector, with the view of achieving the Maqasid Al-Syariah
- To produce well-rounded professionals in Finance who are imbued with Islamic values and ethics.
- To ensure students develop a good grounding in quantitative skills, accounting, economics and finance. Islamic perspectives are integrated in all subjects.
- To develop the students with good communication and soft skills, so that they become effective communicators, able to work in teams and be a leader.
- To sharpen the students’ analytical and critical thinking abilities.
- To instill in students the desire for life-long learning, so that they can keep they update with current knowledge using contemporary technology and resources.
- Demonstrate familiarity with established theories and practices in finance with a keen awareness of current developments.
- Apply practical and analytical skills relevant to finance.
- Exhibit socially responsible behaviour for the progress of the nation and ummah.
- Demonstrate commitment to ethics, cooperation, professionalism and Islamic values.
- Communicate effectively, work in teams and display leadership skills.
- Analyze issues and demonstrate skills in planning, executing and evaluating strategies and action plans.
- Use information management skills and apply effective strategies for lifelong self-improvement.
- Apply entrepreneurial and managerial skills.
Dr. Rafiqa Binti Murdipi
HEAD OF DEPARTMENT
Dr Roslily Ramlee
PRACTICAL TRAINING COORDINATOR
Dr Fatimah Noor Rashidah Binti Mohd Sofian
LIST OF SUBJECTS
Study plan for Bachelor of Science (Islamic Finance)
Please download study plan HERE
Mohammad Faizal bin Maarof
Islamic Broking Executive, RHB Investment Bank
Siti Hajar binti Hamidon
(2014 - 2017) Investment Analyst at Khazanah Nasional Berhad (2017 - Present) Investment Analyst at Ekuiti Nasional Berhad